Resisting Officer Without Violence

Law Office of W.F. ''Casey'' Ebsary Jr
Resisting Arrest Without Violence, 843.02, Resisting officer without violence to his or her person, Resisting Officer Without Violence,
Resisting Arrest Without Violence

Resisting Arrest Without Violence

Tampa Florida Criminal Defense Attorney was just reviewing a case of Resisting an Officer Without Violence. The defendant gave a false name and date of birth DOB  to a cop. The court ruled that was insufficient to support a conviction since the defendant was not under arrest nor was the defendant being lawfully detained when he provided the false information. The defendant should have been acquitted, so says the appeals court. Motion for judgment of acquittal. (JOA) granted.

Resisting or Not? Call me for a Free Phone Consultation (813) 222-2220.

843.02 Resisting officer without violence to his or her person.

Whoever shall resist, obstruct, or oppose any officer as defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9); member of the Parole Commission or any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission; county probation officer; parole and probation supervisor; personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement; or other person legally authorized to execute process in the execution of legal process or in the lawful execution of any legal duty, without offering or doing violence to the person of the officer, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Source: 35 Fla. L. Weekly D368a

Client Reviews

He was amazing and he took care of everything , throughout the entire process, Casey remained professional, approachable, and responsive. He got my case dismissed 45 days before court date. He really is an outstanding...

Frank Guerra Mazara

Amazing service from a true professional litigator; Casey takes a genuine interest in his clients. The fees for his services are reasonable and i got the results I wanted. I recommend him with the utmost confidence...

Brent Gargus

We called to get help with my father in law's 10 year old court case. During the consultation, Mr. Ebsary took it upon himself to look into the details and was able to make things way more clear for us. He was honest and...

David Grayzanic

Get in Touch 24/7/365

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Available 24/7/365
  3. 3 We Fight for You!
Fill out the contact form or call us at (813) 222-2220 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message

I have read the disclaimer and privacy policy.