Expunge or Seal a Florida Criminal Record

Am I Eligible to Expunge or Seal a Florida Criminal Record?

Here is a simple series of questions and answers to see if you are eligible to expunge or seal a Florida criminal record. The Florida expungement laws are confusing and complicated. They can be read in Sections s.943.0585 – s.943.059, Florida Statutes and Chapter 11C-7, Florida Administrative Code.

You only have one shot at expunging your record so be cautious if trying this on your own. Get help 813.222.2220 from an experienced lawyer who knows what needs to be done.

A sealed record is placed under highly restricted access and could only be opened for inspection by a judge, you, your attorney, a criminal justice agency and sometimes a prospective employer. An expunged record would no longer exist, since the files and any reference to it are destroyed.

Expunge or Seal a Florida Criminal Record

Start Here

See If You Are Eligible

To Seal Or Expunge Your Record

Have You Been charged With Any Of The Following?

  • Abuse of an elderly person or disabled person
  • Act of domestic violence as defined in §741.28 F.S.
  • Act of terrorism as defined in §775.30 F.S.
  • Aggravated assault
  • Aggravated battery
  • Aircraft piracy
  • Arson
  • Attempting or conspiring to commit any of the above crimes
  • Burglary of a dwelling
  • Carjacking
  • Child abuse or aggravated child abuse
  • Home invasion robbery
  • Homicide
  • Illegal use of explosives
  • Indecent assault act upon or in the presence of a child under the age of 16
  • Kidnapping
  • Lewd, lascivious act upon or in the presence of a child under the age of 16
  • Manslaughter
  • Manufacturing any substances in violation of Chapter 893
  • Robbery
  • Sexual activity with a child who is 12 years of age or older, but less than 18 years of age
  • Sexual battery
  • Stalking and aggravated stalking


NO – Then Have You Ever Been Adjudicated Guilty Before?


Do you have a criminal offense guilty adjudication or comparable ordinance violation (including criminal driving offenses such as DUI, reckless driving and driving while license suspended) or did the acts stemming from your arrest or alleged criminal activity result in guilty adjudication?


NO – Then What About Court Supervision?


Are you still being supervised by the court?


NO – Then Any Prior Sealing?


Have you had a prior sealing or expunction of a criminal record?


NO – Will You Seal or Expunge Your Record?

Since adjudication was withheld, your case was dismissed or you were acquitted during or after trial, you should be eligible to petition the court to seal your record.

After your record has been sealed for a minimum of 10 years, you may apply to have your record expunged.

Call 813.222.2220 to get help with this complicated process.